APDG Awards - Get your submissions in now!
Tuesday, 29 September 2015
The Australian Production Guild Design have just announced details of this year’s awards ceremony and AIT are excited to be involved!
We are calling on all of our wonderfully talented students to submit their creative projects and allow themselves the opportunity to win some awesome industry awards.
Students now have six weeks to submit their submissions to the annual APDG awards which will be held on Monday 23rd November at Event Cinemas in Bondi Junction. Closing date for entries is Monday the 26th of October. The main sponsors of the festival include Animal Logic and Film Finances meaning your work will get exposed to some major industry giants, regardless of winning.
In August we held our annual AIT Oscar event at Event Cinema, where the quality of work submitted blew the socks off of everyone who attended. Due to the high caliber of work, industry insiders recommended our students start to enter external competitions. We were ecstatic about the recognition of our student’s talents and would strongly encourage you all to start putting together your applications for this year’s competition.
So who are the APDG?
The Australian Production Design Guild is a nonprofit organization set up to raise the profile of screen and stage design and recognizes outstanding achievements through an annual awards ceremony. The awards over the past number of years have raised the profile of some incredibly talented designers. To get a feel for what ticks the boxes in terms of taking part, check out some of the show reels from past winners:
There are several awards up for grabs, categories including:
• Student designer for screen (a production, costume, interactive or animation designer)
• Emerging designer for stage (set, costume, or lighting design)
• Production design on a feature film
• Production design on a television drama
• Production design on a television production
• Production and/or costume design on a commercial
• Production and/or costume design on a short film
• Set decoration on a feature film
• Set decoration on a television drama
• Set design for stage
• Design on an animated feature film
• Design on an animated short film, commercial or series
• Costume design for feature film
• Costume design for television
• Costume design for stage
• Lighting design for live performance
• Title design
• Visual effects design
• Interactive design
• Drawing and concept illustration
• Make-up, hair and prosthetic make-up design
• Design on an event
As luck would have it, AIT are holding a Film Masterclass in association with FilmFest where students will get helpful tips on all aspects of film making from design, production, marketing etc. This masterclass event is on Tuesday 13th October at 7pm. All welcome please sign up HERE.
For further competition details please visit APDG website for more info: http://www.apdg.org.au/awards/
Our students are also welcome to contact our newly appointed Internship Coordinator Tamara Popper: email@example.com. Tamara has a wealth of experience in the film industry working as an independent film producer, Festival Director for WOW Festival as well as APDG awards manager in 2014. Tamara is happy to help answer any questions you may have.
Happy Entering and BEST OF LUCK from all of us here in AIT.